Without a doubt, Samsung is one of the biggest tech brands out there. With the Galaxy Note line, it established itself as the main provider of big-screen flagship phones. However, with the new Galaxy Note 10, it seems Samsung is going on another direction.
Upon opening the box, the first thing you will probably notice is how small this phone is compared to its predecessors. It is undeniably compact at 6.3 inches and is probably one of the smallest phones in its category. This is made even more noticeable due to the fact that this phone is completely bezel-free.
Of course, this comes at a trade-off that some people won’t appreciate. For instance, Samsung decided to follow the Apple route and get rid of the headphone jack. The MicroSD card slot also didn’t make the cut, at least on the basic Note 10 models.
Examining the Features
- Aesthetic – If there is one thing you can say about the Galaxy Note 10, it’s that it is easily one of the most beautiful phones out there in the market today. The Aura Glow color is our favourite and gives it a distinct iridescence. It is ultra-sleek and will even change color depending on the way the light hits it. The back is well placed using a heat gun leaving no screws or any eyesores.
- Thinness and Weight – Contrary to what one may expect from big-screen phones like this one, the Galaxy Note 10 feels incredibly light in your hand, which is saying a lot considering the fact that it is 6.3 inches. The Note 10 weighs at a mere 5.9 ounces. Even if it is only slightly smaller than 6.4-inch Galaxy Note 9, the fact that it is thinner and lighter is certainly a remarkable feat.
- Camera – With regards to the camera on this phone, it seems Samsung is set on keeping things simple. If you check out the back of the phone, you will find a triple-camera setup. This little arsenal sports your ultra-wide camera with the capacity to take pictures at 123-degrees, a 12MP telephoto camera with up to 2x optical zoom, and a wide-angle 12MP standard lens.
- Video Capabilities – Another show-stealer for this phone is its Live Focus mode on video. If you like to film with your phone then this feature is definitely a treat for you. When shooting in Live Focus, you have the option to add effects, colorize certain elements of the video. For a more artsy video, you even have the option to blur out the background. Aside from all of these, there is also the new Zoom-in mic feature available that needs to be mentioned. It helps minimize background sound and is incredibly easy to use.
- The Improved S Pen – The S Pen is an integral part of the Galaxy phones. Now, its versatility has been greatly improved. From seamlessly converting your handwriting to text to easily switching between cameras, the S Pen can certainly do it all.
If you are looking for a sturdy flagship phone, then the Galaxy Note 10 is certainly a worthy option echoed niche edits Millenio.